Alligator Feeding Frenzy!
Innovate. Educate. Invigorate.
The Alligator Feeding Frenzy exhibit documents the one of the most successful conservation stories in American history- the American Alligator. Once on the verge of extinction, this species now thrives in the southeastern United States. Animal Conservation Unlimited’s Alligator Feeding Frenzy, its newest temporary exhibit, uses a stunning collection of animals and museum quality graphics to tell their compelling story and to promote continued vigilance by the public to protect these ancient animals for future generations. This experience puts your guests face-to-face with approximately 50 juvenile American alligators that they can feed and touch (under supervision). This innovative exhibit also features one of nature’s most intriguing mutations, the “ghost of the swamp”- an adult albino alligator or an adult crocodilian species (based on availability)
This exhibit debuted at the Topeka Zoo, and like Animal Conservation Unlimited’s other exhibits, generated a significant increase in revenue via increased daily admissions, membership and concession sales. This exhibit also provides an additional revenue stream by allowing your guests to purchase small cups of alligator chow to safely feed to the juvenile gators.
“Our attendance is up almost 40% from previous years!”
Executive Director, Topeka Zoo
- 900 square feet of covered (weather proof) exhibit space.
- Minimum ceiling height 8 feet.
- Must be on a solid, level surface
- Lagoon habitat: 26 feet long X 7.5 feet wide X 36.5 inches tall (on casters)
- Life Support Skids: 4 feet wide X 14 feet long (tallest component 7 feet tall)
- Estimated Volume of water: 3500 gallons of freshwaterAlbino habitat: 8’ 3” long X 7’ 3” wide X 32 inches tall
- Albino Life Support Skid: 4 feet wide X 4 feet long (tallest component is 3.5 feet)
- Estimated volume of water: 830 gallons of freshwater
- Lagoon habitat empty: 6,000 lbs.
- Lagoon habitat filled with freshwater: 35,000 lbs.
- Albino habitat empty: 1,000 lbs.
- Albino habitat filled with freshwater: 8,000 lbs.
- 9- 20 AMP circuits
- 3- 15 AMP circuits
- 2 – 208 single phase 30 AMP circuits
- Automatic backup power supply
- Potable fresh water source
- Sanitary drain access
- Electrical (see requirements)
What Animal Conservation Unlimited Provides:
- Lagoon habitat for approximately 50 juvenile alligators
- Habitat for albino alligator
- State-of-the-art life support systems (includes ozone disinfection and inline water heaters) for both systems (an LSS engineer to install the systems)
- Crocodilian expert to provide three (3) days of on-site training
- Four museum quality graphics (on DVD)
- An adult alligator and crocodile skull and a display case for viewing
- Approximately 50 juvenile alligators (See animal welfare statement below)
- 1 adult albino alligator or crocodilian species (based on availability)
- Complete Operations manual
- 24/7 support
What You Provide:
- Materials and labor to build haul out decks around the habitats and facades
- Two (2) staff to provide care for the animals and maintain habitat
- Forklift and driver to load and unload truck
- Fabrication of graphics
- Miscellaneous husbandry and cleaning support items
- Chow and meat to feed the animals
- Utilities (see above)
Animal Welfare Statement: Animal Conservation Unlimited, Inc obtains the animals for this exhibit from non- AZA accredited but reputable alligator farms in the United States. At the end of the exhibit’s run the animals will be relocated to a world class alligator zoological facility where the animals will be cared for and allowed to live out their natural lives.