The Penguin Plunge, one of ACU’s most popular temporary animal exhibits, brings your guests face-to-face with South African penguins. Your guests will be able to view the birds both above and below the water’s surface. It’s unique design allows the habitat (13’ left to right X 10’ front to back and 11’ 2” tall) to fit into most indoor spaces. The heavy duty construction of the habitat allows the exhibit to be set up under a well secured weather proof tent. The museum quality graphics and interactive educational features allow your guests to explore and learn about the world of penguins.
Penguin Plunge has been so successful at increasing attendance and revenue that all of ACU’s clients have either extended the rental of Penguin Plunge or rented it again!
“Smack in the throes of a recession but just weeks into it’s Penguin Planet launch, the S.C. Aquarium celebrated it’s best month in nearly three years in April. Attendance was nearly 37% higher than projected. -The Post and Courier
- 900 square feet of covered (weather proof) exhibit space.
- Minimum ceiling height 13 feet.
- Must be on a solid, level solid surface.
- Habitat:13 feet long X 10 feet wide X 11 feet 2 inches high.
- Life Support Skids: 3 feet wide X 14 feet long (tallest component 10 feet tall)
- Estimated weight of LSS skids: 1300 lbs.
- 8,000 lbs. empty
- 33,000 lbs. filled with fresh water
- 34,000 lbs. when filled with salt water
- 6- 20 AMP circuits
- 2- 15 AMP circuits
- 1- 208 single phase 50 AMP circuit
- Automatic backup power supply
- Potable fresh water source
- Sanitary drain access
- Electrical (see requirements)
What Animal Conservation Unlimited Provides:
- Heavy duty, insulated fiberglass habitat
- Four (4) South African penguins
- Life support system (LSS engineer to install LSS system)
- HVAC system
- Habitat lighting
- Museum quality graphics on DVD
- Touch screen kiosk (indoor locations only)
- Penguin Line Up banner
- Complete Operations Manual
- 24/7 support
What You Provide:
- Materials and labor to build 6’ X 8’ husbandry deck next to habitat and façade
- Two (2) staff to provide care for the birds and maintain habitat
- Forklift and driver to load and unload truck
- Fish: 1.5 lbs. of fish (restaurant quality male capelin and small herring) per bird per day.
- Miscellaneous husbandry and cleaning support items
- Replaceable Air filters (20” X 20”)
- Utilities (see above)